About Us // Safety Program
We are committed to making safety an essential part of every task performed on our projects, and we strive to assure the overall safety of our employees, customers, and the surrounding community. With that goal in mind, we have committed our resources and personnel to a comprehensive safety program, which includes:
- The appointment of a Director of Environment, Health, and Safety, with direct access to our President and Chief Executive Officer, and the employment of full-time Safety Managers.
- The hands on, daily involvement of our President and Chief Executive Officer with the Safety Department.
- Providing our employees with a Drug Free Workplace, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Providing certified OSHA 500 Construction, OSHA 501 General Industry, and American Heart Association CPR / First Aid instructors on staff.
- Providing a Supervisor’s Training Program and conducting weekly toolbox talks that emphasize employee involvement.
- Developing, implementing, and continually working to improve our safety programs, manuals, and procedures to provide our employees with the most up-to-date safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
- Serving as an active member of the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC), Mid-Ohio Valley Safety Share, Mid-Ohio Valley Safety Council, and the West Virginia Manufacturer’s Association Worker’s Compensation Safety Committee.